Sunday, November 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We moved in to our new house back in September. We LOVE finally having our own space. 
A space we can decorate the way we want.
One that doesn't share a wall with a neighbor that likes to sing... really loud.
With a kitchen that has a dishwasher.
And a stove big enough to fit two cookie sheets at the same time.
Our house has an office where Ben can keep his school books.
And so much storage that we haven't even filled yet.
We have a two car garage
(that currently doesn't hold either of our cars. but has the potential to)

Our house is far from being the way we want it.
But we love that its OURS.
Its perfect for the stage of life we are in right now.


We also love that it was totally "move-in ready"
We looked at a lot of houses that would have needed so much work.
When we saw our house for the first time
(or peeked in the windows for the first time)
We knew that we loved it.



Another big selling point came from the backyard.

The playhouse.
I know we don't have any kids right now but who could resist having one of these in their backyard.

Take a close look at this little house.
Did you notice anything special about it?
Try looking again.
If you don't see it scroll down to a picture of the inside.








Yep. Thats a tree growing straight up through the middle.
And as you can see from the little sprouts, this tree is still alive.

Oh yeah, and its air conditioned.

The playhouse is currently undergoing a makeover.
We just added a fresh coat of blue paint on the inside and we're looking for some furniture and decorations.


Thanks for taking a tour of my new house.
I hope you loved it as much as we do.

And if you have any ideas for the playhouse, please let me know.

6 comments:

Tiffany Haynes said...

Love the new blog and LOVE the new house!!!

Emily said...

I have an idea for the playhouse... my kids and I might have to have a sleepover in it, just cause it is so awesome!

Carrie Carp said...

Oh snap, I think I've even been in your house! I really Love that neighborhood, I hope you do too :) congrats... Oh by the way you can consider me a blog stalker now, sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cathy,

Please update your blog.

Love,

Megan :)

Fiery Jack said...

Dude, i love that tree house!

Skye said...

It's great, I love it.