Friday, April 20, 2012

It Was a Carrot Hurricane


Hazel has been eating rice cereal for a few weeks now
and has liked it a lot.

Today I decided to give her some carrots for the first time.
I was all pumped and ready and felt like super-mom cause I've been reading up on making my own baby food. I steamed the carrots, mashed them up, and added some water and cereal.


We got the camera all ready to document this milestone.


It started out super positive.




 Then her hands got involved and she was wiping carrots all over the place.
It looked like a little orange hurricane blew through our living room.
Luckily she was only in a diaper






This last picture was taken seconds before it all came right back up.


Then we had a sink bath.
More like a sink shower.
I held her up and Ben sprayed her off making sure to find all the baby creases.

I realized now where we went wrong.
I'm just learning how to be a mom ok?
We went at it a little too abrupt for Hazel.
My mixture was mostly carrots with a little rice cereal,
In hindsight I realize that it should have been the other way around
introducing the flavor a little at a time.
Duh.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of that before.
Seriously, duh.

No comments: