Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bitter-sweet

Last night I played my last softball game for a very long time.
I'm 25 weeks  pregnant now (that's 5 1/2 months!).
Lots of people said I was crazy for playing this long and they might have been right.
I just wanted to play for as long as I could since I know it will be a long time until I'll be able to get back into it.

Last night was actually the first time that I didn't care to play very much.
I'm a lot slower now and trying to run fast is a lot harder carrying half of a little person.
Last week I got knocked over by a large cave women from another team and it was really scary... she was a big girl and did not slow down one bit as she bull dozed right through me.

I'm ok... no worries. The baby is still kicking strong.
I fell onto my back and the ogre did not fall on me.
So considering what happened, I guess I was pretty lucky.
Softball. This is not  "good-bye"
It's more of a "see you later"

1 comment:

Fiery Jack said...

That's a cool picture. I like softball. So glad you invited me to play on the team. I hadn't played in a long time.